Pages

Friday 17 March 2017

Polyfest







Polyfest
On Thursday 16 of March, the year 7 & 8 went to polyfest. I was excited to go because It was my first time going. I've never been to polyfest but watching it on TV makes me want to go.


What is polyfest?
Polyfest is the largest Maori & Pacific Island cultural festival of its kind in the world. Polyfest 2017 will be expecting 9,000 students from about 59 schools and 200 performing groups also, to perform through speech, song, and dance, their cultural experience.
The festival was founded and begun in 1976 as a showcase for Kapa Haka and Pasifika cultural items, by Dunedin Primary Schools.


Activities / stations
One of the activities me and my group went to was the AUT. What we did was looked at the thing we needed to learn more about, and to help other people in their life. Second station we went to was one of my favourite ones of all, It was watching Fiji’s dance group, What an amazing team.


Favourite part of the day?
The best part of the day was when we got to get ice blocks, dickens and many more from the coolies teacher ever Mr Wiseman.
I have had him for two year and he has always been the best.
My second favourite part of the day was when when we got to spin the wheel and had to wait for it to stop, to see if we had won or lost.


Something you learnt?
One of the things I had learn at poly, was what do you do when there is a fire. One of them was not to put water in the pot of fire. Second was to put a wet tea towel over the pot or the pan, and last but not least, put over a chopping board over the pot.


It was amazing at poly. I have had to best time of my life, with my best friends and other people. Year 7&8’s are so thankful for our teacher. They are the one that had did this for us. Thank you PT England Teachers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment